The Army of Callow is the standing army of the Kingdom of Callow, under the command of Catherine Foundling and marshal Juniper of the Red Shields. The Army of Callow is split into four Armies, each under the command of a general. Its structure is based on the Legions of Terror.
The ranks in the Army of Callow are as follows:
The Marshal of the Army carries the authority to command all the armies.
Generals command a full army, which is to say [Number] soldiers.
|Army||Current Commander||Notable Features|
|First||Juniper of the Red Shields (Orc, Female)|
|Second||Zola Osei (Human, Female)|
|Third||Abigail of Summerholm(Human, Female)|
|Fourth||Bagram (Human, Male)|
|Fifth||Jeremiah Holt (Human, Male)|
- Book 6 - Chapter 49: Association
- Book 3 - Epilogue
- Book Five - Interlude: Concourse III The First Army’s camp, where they’d begun their wandering, had been quiet and orderly compared to the rest – as was only to be expected, as it was Juniper’s own command and closest to her displeasure should festivities become too obvious.
- Book Six - Interlude: Kingdom For now, at least. How long would that last? General Zola Osei of the Second Army of Callow let the urge to wince pass through her
- Book Five - Interlude: Concourse IV “I present you General Abigail of Summerholm, in command of the Third Army,” the Deadhand said. “You may have heard of her.”
- Book Five - Interlude: Congregation III Instead, the Fourth Army suddenly found its ability to send messengers north to coordinate with the Hellhound cut when a detachment of Helike kataphractoi began roving north of it. The messengers south sent to warn Nauk and the Third Army about League interference never made it, and were found with arrows in their corpses by General Bagram’s scouts. Adjutant had pushed for the Fourth Army to immediately move south and join with Nauk before marching north together, and the Fourth’s general agreed.
- Book 7 - Chapter 50: Clouds General Jeremiah Holt, formerly of the Thirteenth Legion and now instead of the Fifth Army.