Due to the many dangers, the forest is largely unexplored.
Trade of goods from the forest is the source of Tartessos's prosperity.
There is allegedly a place of alignment with Arcadia deep within the forest.
The Titan Kreios and Antigone both live in the Brocelian.
The Brocelian is inhabited by a number of monsters. Among them are:
- Culebrons: Serpents with tails stronger than a hammer blow, capable of crushing skulls and splintering shields
- Manticores: Can reach the size of mansions. Their venom can be used to make a powerful acid. 
- Wyverns: Winged lizards with stinger tipped tails. Their eggs are worth a fortune. They tend to take sick in other lands.
- Book 6 - Chapter 35: Portents“When another young man was abducted we followed,” the Painted Knife said, “and after borrowing a boat and sailing across the Pond we made shore south of the Brocelian.”
Which was, from what I recalled, one of the last largely unexplored stretches of Calernia by virtue of most people going into it dying ugly deaths.
- Book 5 - Interlude: Congregation III
- Extra Chapter - Peregrine I She was not wrong, he thought. Hunts such as this were commonplace in all of Levant, and often with weaker reason than this. Those that wandered into the Brocelian to seek glory at the end of a blade could not claim to be avenging anything. Yet Ta
- Book 6 - Chapter 35: Portents
- Book 5 - Interlude: Beheld II Captain Elvera was old enough to have fought in the Sepulcher War, when the Barrow Lord rose from the depths of Brocelian Forest and struck out with his host of bespelled beasts, barrow-spirits and Blood traitors.
- Book 6 - Chapter 5: Expired Oh, there were natural places of alignment between Arcadia and Creation where anyone could cross through freely – there was one near Refuge, and allegedly one in the deeps of the Brocelian Forest – but those were rare and the fae often made sport of those who ventured though.
- Book 4 - Interlude: Crusaders The Saint snorted inelegantly.
“The Witch is from Brocelian Forest,” she said. “What she learned, she learned from the Gigantes.
- Extra Chapter - Peregrine II
- Book 5 - Interlude: West, Ever Persuing It was a company of beasts that was brought forth, manticores and griffins and culebron. Even a few creatures she did not recognize: her, the Lady of Tartessos, whose true domain was the savage Brocelian!