- "May you become the weakest link in the Chain of Hunger."
- ―Ancient Lycaonese curse
General Information Edit
To call the Chain a polity is likely an overstatement. The ratlings occupying these great plains live in the nests infesting mountains. While Akua Sahelian dismisses them as "nothing more than a horde of starving rats, as incapable of villainy as any other animal" they do seem to have some sort of institution for governance. Every spring, large warbands drift south and cross the Three Rivers to assault the northern principalities of Procer.
During her conquest of the continent, the Dread Empress Triumphant killed over nine tenths of their population but they did not offer surrender. As retaliation, she razed everything to the ground and salted the ashes.
Several times during the story, the ratlings are described as hungry or starving. It's likely their society embraces cannibalism and the weakest of the ratlings are eaten though this is speculation.
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2017/05/03/warden-i/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Word of God in: https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/regard/
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/crowned/
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/villainous-interlude-coup-de-theatre/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2018/06/29/chapter-24-invitation-redux/
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2018/05/25/interlude-kaleidoscope-ii/