- "Mark my words, the Imperial banner will be flying above Summerholm by midsummer."
- ―Dread Empress Regalia II, shortly before initiating the Sixty Years War
After the Fourth Crusade was repelled by Dread Emperor Terribilis II the young Principate has turned its eyes on Callow. Its conquest of the kingdom was successful and it occupied it for an unknown period of time, though it was likely no longer than a decade. The princes had attempted to crown one of the slain king's children to use as a puppet however Juliana Fairfax slit her throat before proclaiming her rebelling cousin - Henry Fairfax, the Landless - as her heir. He was later declared as Damned by a religious conclave held in Salia.
The War Edit
- "If my allies were half as reliable as my enemies, I would have a different moniker."
- ―King Henry Fairfax, the Landless, upon being told of the Praesi invasion of Principate-occupied Callow
Despite both nations being ruined by the war, the Duchy of Daoine had remained largely untouched as it didn't engage in it fully. The exact details of the war are unknown but it ended because neither polity could afford to wage it anymore. In fact, no official treaties were signed at the end.
The war had a profound impact on both Callow and Praes. The memory of Henry being declared a heretic is still a sour note among Callowans and is one of the reasons for their animosity towards Procer. It's also probably had a significant effect on their economy and populace.
For Praes, the end of the war brought forward a century of mediocrity. The cultural change was highlighted by a song known as the Tyranny of the Sun. Black speculated the continuous failures with no gains dramatically altered the nations cultural landscape.
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2017/12/25/interlude-skirmish-ii/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2018/04/27/chapter-7-snares/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/interlude-queens-gambit-declined/
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2018/09/03/fatality-ii/
- ↑ https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/prologue-4/