Spirit is a term for a wide variety of beings.
Types of Spirits
Spirit Guides: Catherine meets two spirits in her name dream that resemble her.
Spirits of the Dead: The spirit or soul of a dead person can be called back to their body for a time, though their memory is imperfect.
Wraiths: Wraiths are spirits of the dead returned and appear as silver and shade. They are incorporeal but can interact with the world.
- Book 4 - Chapter 19: Recovery
- Book 7 - Interlude: Legends I
- Book 1 - Chapter 4: Name
- Book 6 - Chapter 19: Spectral
- Book 5 - Interlude: Repudiation
- Book 5 - Chapter 71: Verge
- Book 3 - Heroic Interlude: Injunction The White Knight watched the tall banner floating above the camp, gold and grey set with two pure white cranes. Redress and Retribution, they were called, the patron spirits of Stygia. Lesser gods that had settled in the heart of the city when it was first built – he knew this for a fact for he’d watched one of them millennia ago centuries ago. Golden beak dipped in blood, eyes older than her entire bloodline red with hatred that was utterly inhuman. It would not matter. She was the Sword of the Free: she would wrest her people from chains and lead them to found a city in the east. A land where no would ever rule over them again. She rose, wounded but unbowed, and fought again.